- "All you need in this life are ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure."
- "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session."
- "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Tort deformity is back at the General Assembly, in the shape of Senate Bill 609
While promoted as "pro business," SB609 is the most amoral, anti-business piece of legislation likely ever offered in the Missouri legislature. Among its principal wrongs are:
- It may repeal vicarious liability, for its draws no distinction between the liability of a principal and an agent. If passed, I will advise my clients not to do business with agents under any circumstances.
- It will eliminate practical liability for both conspiracy and aiding and abetting liability